Sunday, September 11, 2011

So...I've decided to sew


Okay I'll start out by saying September 11, 2011, we will never forget. Rest in peace to all those who lost their lives 10 years ago today. With that said, I decided that my new hobby is going to be sewing! My mom has a sewing machine sitting in the garage, unopened. I learned how to sew back in high school and I figured with a crash course I could pick it back up easily. So I busted out the sewing machine, found a pattern online and went to work. I started with just some scraps of a recieving blanket that I had cut up earlier. I practiced lines and circles...which weren't all that bad. My circle was at least in the shape of a circle, even if it was a little wobbly at some points. So after I got the hang of the machine, I went to work on my "practice" block. I decided that I am going to make the baby some plush blocks! I used the rest of the blanket and sewed together a block! It wasn't too bad, although I did accidentally sew the top on upside..only on one seam though. It really isn't bad for a first try, and tomorrow I will use my nice fabric! I am going to make the blocks alittle smaller than this one, and on the inside they will either have a bell or some crackle paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment